Date: Jan 16, 2019
Ericsson Software Technology (EST) is Ericsson’s open source software development division established to drive an agile and collaborative new framework that better engages with open source projects and communities. We provide Ericsson Business Area developers, coders and engineers with progressive software tools and programs to explore emerging technologies and develop advanced, open source projects.
EST is now seeking an experienced, creative and innovative business leader with strong technical and development skills able to build a team and establish the operations of Ericsson Software Technology USA.
- Establish Ericsson Software Technology USA as a recognized open source software COE both within Ericsson and in the industry.
- Establish and refine Ericsson Software Technology operations in the US.
- Create and ensure delivery of business value and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Implement procedures to support of Ericsson Software Technology policies locally.
- Partner with open source communities to support development assignments.
- Recruit, manage, teach, coach, challenge and develop individuals, teams and organizations, fostering a creative and learning culture.
- Established and grown a business within a global organization.
- Experience leading open source and product development activities, preferably in cloud software development (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) projects for the telecom industry.
- Proven success translating business needs to development activities.
- Successfully coached & mentored development teams.
- Detailed understanding of open source ecosystems and processes.
- A demonstrated ability to formulate strategies and execute to accomplish business objectives.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- The position can be based anywhere in the U.S.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice – Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Dallas || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 269761